Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Diet Starts Tomorrow

Yeah. Right. That's what they all say. In fact, didn't I say that before? And look where I'm at now: six pounds heavier than I was then! That's right. Six pounds. Between Chinese food on Friday and pizza on Saturday, I managed to gain three pounds (I was down a pound from my vacation weight gain somewhere this week). I am officially the heaviest I have ever weighed. I don't even want to think about it.

So I'm getting out the food diary again. Actually, I got a pretty new one. It's shiny and red, with lined pages. (The unlined pages is the real reason that I stopped using my other one--seriously!) I am not going to try to set any official weight goals at this point; I'm just going to keep exercising and pay a little more attention to what I put in my mouth.

And in other news, my friend Kari from Washington has started a workout blog! Whoo hoo! Check it out!

3 comments:

Karrie said...

You have to have a better attitude. You can not follow your declaration of weight loss with YEAH RIGHT. You have to say: I WILL DO THIS! So I will help by getting you to the gym this week... combat tomorrow??
And way to go on getting your friend Kari to write a workout blog!!

kari anne said...

This Kari agrees with Karrie. Erin, shaping up begins with the attitude!! Chins up now :) Haha, just kidding. Try cutting down on the "POP"... The easiest way I found was for every bottle/can of "POP" you consume, drink a glass/bottle of water as well... eventually you'll be able to swap the sodas for more water. Trust me, it'll help! Love ya, and keep up the good work.

kari anne said...

Glad to hear you're keepin at it too! I'm proud of you for giving up the pop, I'm an iced tea addict! I'm still trying to cut back on my pop (again) Someone was a bad influence! Anyway, keep up the good work!