Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Meme or 7 Random Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me


I used to think that I would never do these memes, but I've been told by some that my random ramblings are entertaining, and that's what all these memes seem to be (random ramblings). So here we go:


1. I have to have the top of my head against something when I sleep. I'm told that as a tiny infant in the hospital, I scooted myself up until my head was touching the top of the bassinet. Nowadays I just use a pillow, but the concept is the same. (Related: I sleep better if there is a solid wall above my bed, not a window, or at least a really tall headboard.)


2. I pile my bed with blankets. Seriously, I have three heavy blankets on my bed right now, in addition to the flat sheet. In my family we refer to this as "blanket pressure" and we have heated discussions about the approriate amount.


3. My sister and I are exact opposites on just about everything. She's a dog person, I prefer cats; she likes a little blanket pressure, I have to have a lot; I could go on and on. One of the few things that we share is our favorite ice cream: mint chocolate chip.


4. I know only one complete sentence in Spanish: "¿Puedes tu leventar la basura por favor?" Which means, "Would you please pick up the trash?" I worked as a cleaning lady at a factory in Columbus (BD, if you want to know) the summer between my freshman and sophomore years of college, where I worked with a girl named Maria, who spoke little English, and I speak even less Spanish. The job sucked, but we had a great time anyway. We'd have water fights in the bathroom and then clean it up. And we played hide and seek in the offices. And we tried to teach each other our respective languages. It's not her fault that I only remember that one sentence. (And such a useful sentence too. Obviously, you do not want to be lost in Mexico with me...)


5. I broke my tailbone on a jet ski, the one and only time I ever jet skied. I blame my sister. It's a long story; ask me about it sometime if you really want to know.


6. I have lived in 35 different "homes" (including houses, dorm rooms, apartments, and places I lived during the summers in college), in 13 different cities and three countries. I lived in 20 of those homes before I turned 18.


7. I have visted 12 countries: Austria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, England, France, Germany, Hungary, Lichtenstein, Mexico, Slovakia, Sovenia, and Switzerland. My favorite vacation spot is Croatia.

I am not going to tag anyone specifically, because that's too much effort. But consider yourself tagged if you wish to participate.

1 comment:

deanne said...

It makes me sad that you've lived in so many different places. :(
The blanket pressure thing is funny though!