Monday, March 3, 2008

"Don't worry, I'm doing something real good!"

I didn't make it to the gym today, but I did workout at home. I ellipticized for 20 minutes and then I taught my sister how to do some of the moves from BodyPump. So I did manage to get almost an hour workout. Ellipticizing was really hard; I still haven't totally recovered from being sick. N wanted to "help" me by getting on the machine too, or adjusting the resistance level to the highest setting. But fortunately Kate distracted him by showing him how to lift weights. He was so cute trying to do bicep curls--he can do about three with the five pound weight.

While Kate and I were doing the BodyPump workout, N was entertaining himself elsewhere in the room. At one point we realized that he was being rather quiet, which usually means trouble, so Kate called out, "Bunny, what are you doing?" To which he replied, "Don't worry. I'm doing something real good!" in his innocent little voice, which of course meant he was doing something he shouldn't be doing (unwinding the thread from my sewing machine, to be exact).

After dinner tonight Kate and I had a cookie taste-off. She has a box of Girl Scouts Thin Mints (my absolute, all time favorite) and a package of Keebler Grasshoppers. I love, love, love the Thin Mints, but the Grasshoppers are only okay. Kate said that there wasn't really a difference, so we put that statement to the test. We both guessed right, and I believe even more firmly that the Thin Mints are by far the superior cookie. (I'm so proud of myself that I showed some will power and only ate three cookies, instead of devouring a whole sleeve, like I normally would.)

1 comment:

Karrie said...

That's a great title to your blog entry. Because when I first logged on I thought you were talking to me, since you didn't make it to the gym like you thought you might. And as I read on I would find out that rather than working out you were having a cookie taste off (although good job at working out for an hour at home and showing your sister what we do in BodyPump). But really the title was just a really cute line that "N" said.
You could totally be an author -- excellent post!