Saturday, April 5, 2008

Weighing In

For some reason, I was just terrified to weigh myself today. I put it off as long as possible. I started the day right by meeting Karrie, Jennifer, and Brandy for BodyPump, and had a good, challenging workout. I even added extra weight on the squats (now up to 2 mediums and a small--that's almost 30 pounds total!) and on the back track (now at a medium and 2 smalls). I even almost liked the lunges track today.

Instead of going right home after BodyPump to weigh in and shower, I met my sister and went to a big indoor garage sale (kind of a waste of time and $2) and then lunch. After that I had praise team practice, and then I decided that since I was still pretty grimy, I might as well put in some work on my new old kitchen cabinets, since I would like to actually get them installed sometime this year month. When it got too dark and cold to work outside, I finally admitted to myself that I'd run out of excuses and went upstairs to weigh in.

I'm exactly where I was a week ago. I didn't lose any weight, but neither did I gain, which I guess is pretty good, considering that I wasn't very faithful to my diet and exercise plans. I also took Karrie's advice and measured myself, so that even if I don't lose any weight, I can tell if I'm making progress in other ways.

6 comments:

Karrie said...

My weight always goes up during the day -- sometimes 3 or 4 pounds, so I always weigh-in first thing in the morning... just something to think about: if you were the same this week in the evening, and last time you weighed in in the morning, perhaps you are lower than you thought!!

Erin said...

When I weighed myself a couple times this week in the evening, I was much lower than I was last Saturday morning. I think my weight goes down during the day.

Karrie said...

weird!!!

Karrie said...

Didn't you have a whole day off... the least you cold have done was update your blog... given me something to do at work!

Anonymous said...

I want you to know I posted a comment on your blog on the 6th and it apparently disappeared. It was something about people weighing more in the morning or evening and me wanting to do a scientific study about it. Perhaps I posted as Ishikawa 18 and you didn't realize that was me, or maybe it never actually posted - that happened once before on Karrie's.

Karrie said...

I don't think it ever showed up. I doubt she erased it; she never erased Mike Vandemann's comment when he left his entire PHD Disseration on her blog!!! I wonder why it does that to you Jennifer. But I do think you should do a study. Like how do I gain 5 pounds in a day, and lose 4 overnight?